Looking to spark a conversation with the kids about the vital role work plays in building the character of an individual and a nation?
Here are 13 work related quotes to help you get the dialog rolling (with a couple humorous ones sprinkled in for levity):
- “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
- “Industry, perseverance, and frugality make fortune yield.”
- “My formula for success is rise early, work late and strike oil.”
~J. Paul Getty
- “Work is a surefire money-making scheme.”
- “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.”
- “Son, if you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now quiet! They’re about to announce the lottery numbers.”
- “The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.”
- “If you want children to keep their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.”
~Abigail Van Buren
- “Look for a situation in which your work will give you as much happiness as your spare time.”
- “I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet.”
~Susan B. Anthony
- “Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I’m not there, I go to work.”
- “I am a great believer in luck. The harder I work, the more of it I seem to have.”
- “Motivation is when your dreams put on work clothes.”
Happy Labor Day!
Like this tip? Get the next one in your inbox by subscribing here.
Want to turn these tips into action? Check out FamZoo.com.