Looking for a novel, fun way to express gratitude during Thanksgiving that engages the whole family?
Try a round of “Gratitude Pictionary” at the table this year.
Here’s how it works:
- Prop up an easel if you have one, or just use a large sketch pad braced against a wall.
- Let everyone know they’ll be drawing something for which they are grateful. The more unobvious, the more fun.
- Remind family members not to blurt out their ideas beforehand and to think of some backups just in case picks overlap.
- As each family member draws, the others will try to be the first to guess what it is.
- Kick it off with your own gratitude drawing to get the ball rolling. Keep sketching until someone guesses right.
- Rotate turns with the pen until everyone around the table has had a shot.
- Encourage family members to explain their gratitude choices as they’re identified. You might gain some interesting insight!
- Having fun? Go around again! :-)
Try it as a closing activity over dessert.
Be sure to take pictures of everyone with their gratitude drawings. Your photo album will serve as a nice little keepsake catalog of the things your family truly cherishes.
Like this tip? Get the next one in your inbox by subscribing here.
Want to turn these tips into action? Check out FamZoo.com.